-- Published: Tuesday, 27 June 2017 | Print | Disqus
By Stewart Thomson
1. At about 4:00am yesterday, gold suffered a dramatic sell-off in just a few seconds. More than 15,000 contracts quickly changed hands on the COMEX.
2. This caught most investors by surprise. Thatís because they donít follow the physical market meticulously.
3. The supply and demand of physical gold is what drives price discovery in the paper market. The leverage involved on the COMEX, SGE (Shanghai), and the LBMA (London) allows the paper market to significantly magnify the action taking place in the physical market.
4. The gold price trends are generally determined by the physical market, and magnified by the paper market. Itís that simple.
5. Janet Yellen has stated, ďI donít think anybody understands gold.Ē I disagree. Iíll suggest that anybody who ignores the physical market will find that most of what happens in the paper market feels like an electric shock. Itís not a shock. Itís a magnification.
6. To view the latest key physical gold market news, please click here now. When the major banks stop importing gold into India, even if itís for just a few days (as it is in this case), a ďprice vacuumĒ can occur on the COMEX and/or the LBMA, and do so in just a few seconds.
7. Thatís what happened yesterday, and the good news is that gold importers may already be close to getting the clarity they seek on the GST tax.
8. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold has a ďperkyĒ feeling to it right now, even though the summer typically sees sideways to lower price action!
9. I donít see anything negative on this daily gold chart, and my 14,7,7 Stochastics oscillator is at a point where $50 - $100 rallies tend to begin.
10. Thereís also a nice positive wedge formation in play. Iím an aggressive buyer in all current price weakness, with a focus on gold stocks.
11. On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this nice GDX chart.
12. Many gold stocks surged higher yesterday, even with gold falling by about $20 an ounce. Are these stocks anticipating a reversal in the multi-decade money velocity bear cycle?
13. I think so, and thatís why my focus for most new market positions in the precious metal asset class is: gold stocks.
14. GDX is trading in a large consolidation pattern, and it has been doing so since February. Thatís when physical market demand for the Chinese New Year festival reached a peak.
15. Thereís nothing strange or ďout of placeĒ with the current GDX price action. Gold stocks donít need a reversal in US money velocity to outperform gold bullion on rallies, but they do need it to stage overall outperformance that is ďhere to stayĒ.
16. Please click here now. Silver demand is beginning to rise, and the commercial traders appear to be keenly aware of this fact.
17. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this COT report table.
18. This report shows the liquidity flows in the COMEX silver market through last Tuesday. These flows are positive. In my professional opinion, the commercial players added even more long positions during yesterdayís 4:00am price drop.
19. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily silver chart.
20. Silver is now in a key buying area. Silver bugs need to ignore the past and focus on the positive demand in China and the solid COT report.
21. I view the entire $17 - $16 price area as a key one for accumulators. Silver bugs can buy every ten cents dip in this zone, and do so with a smile.
22. Once the Indian GST rollout is completed, I expect Indian dealers to join their Chinese brethren with strong demand.
23. Thatís likely what the commercial traders are anticipating, and taking buy-side action now to ensure they are poised to profit from the coming rally.
24. The physical market for gold is a very powerful financial force. When that price action is magnified by leveraged players in the paper market, it can affect price discovery in many other major markets. A well-known coffee company says, ďRespect the beanĒ. That may be good advice, but I think itís vastly more important for gold and silver bugs to ďRespect the barĒ!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?
| Digg This Article
-- Published: Tuesday, 27 June 2017 | E-Mail | Print | Source: GoldSeek.com