-- Published: Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Print | Disqus
By Randy Hilarski
I am often asked by my fellow Gold and Silver bullion investors, “What is the best way to transport gold and silver internationally?” Technology is making our lives easier and easier! The easiest and possibly cheapest way to transport gold and silver internationally is with Bitcoin.
Why Transport My Gold and Silver to a Different International Location.-
- Fear of government confiscation.
- You are moving to a different country.
- You want your gold and silver holdings in multiple jurisdictions.
The world is constantly changing. The laws governments impose seem to change daily. It is wise for a person who has prudently saved with gold and silver bullion to think about diversifying where their holdings are stored. I want to make it clear that gold and silver bullion are my favorite investments. When it comes to gold and silver we all know that we must always be as cautious as possible.
Traditional Ways to Transport Gold and Silver Internationally.-
- Carry it personally and declare your gold and silver.
- Use a door to door service like Brinks to fly your gold and silver to your final destination.
- Sell your gold and silver, convert to currency and wire transfer the money to your destination where you will need a bank account.
- Sell your gold and silver, convert to currency and wire transfer the money to a gold and silver broker at your final destination.
Remember the story of this gentleman? He was simply flying to Panama with a layover in Mexico. The Mexican authorities found the gold bullion and arrested him. You do not want this to happen to you! Always declare your precious metals when flying internationally.
Gold Seized in Mexico as Passenger was on His Way to Panama
Man swallows 12 Gold Bars to Avoid Indian Authorities and Taxes.
Why would I use #Bitcoin?
- Bitcoin is quickly becoming the easiest option to move money internationally with some of the lowest exchange rates.
- Bitcoin can be loaded to your online or offline wallet and be redeemed wherever you relocate.
- Bitcoin can be redeemed peer to peer or by connecting a bank account to your online wallet.
How to use Bitcoin to Transport Gold and Silver Internationally.-
- Sell or trade your gold and silver bullion in your country for currency or Bitcoin.
- Load the funds to your Bitcoin wallet.
- Travel to your final destination.
- Cash out some Bitcoin.
- Purchase gold and silver bullion at your final destination.
Why the Hell Should I Go Through all this Hassle?-
- The risk of transporting gold and silver is too high.
- The cost of transporting gold and silver with Brinks and other door to door services is very expensive.
- The stress of moving your precious metals is not worth it.
- For Americans FATCA means you have to declare any foreign bank accounts.
Who do I Buy Gold and Silver from at My Destination?-
- There seems to be small private dealers in every country expats are located.
- Many countries offer you the opportunity to buy gold and silver directly from banks.
- Retail gold and silver dealers.
- Pawn shops.
I often hear that Bitcoin it too complicated. Bitcoin is the future of currency. Remember in 1994-1997 when the internet was just beginning to become mainstream? We are at that point with crypto-currency. The earlier you adapt and learn, the better off you and your family will be.
Whatever you do make sure to follow the laws of the land. Each country has laws concerning transferring money and transporting money which includes gold, silver, currency and of course bitcoin. If you are looking to transport gold and silver internationally with bitcoin, make sure you know how bitcoin works before proceeding.
Transport Gold and Silver Internationally with Bitcoin. #Bitcoin #Travel by Randy Hilarski
| Digg This Article
-- Published: Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | E-Mail | Print | Source: GoldSeek.com