-- Published: Tuesday, 13 February 2018 | Print | Disqus
By Stewart Thomson
1. Gold has staged a superb rebound from the $1310 support zone, but that was overshadowed by the truly spectacular reversals taking place in most of the Western worldís gold stocks!
2. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this gold chart. I like the technical action being displayed right now. Hereís why:
3. First, $1370 is massive resistance. Itís understandable that gold would build a modest head and shoulders top pattern after arriving at this key price zone.
4. Whatís especially positive is that gold has only modestly declined in the face of this resistance and top pattern. My key 14,7,7 Stochastics oscillator is also modestly oversold now, which is good news.
5. For even better news, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This morning, the dollar broke below key support in the 108 price area against the yen.
6. When investors bet against central banks, they tend to lose. When they bet against the President of the United States, they can get blown right off the financial map.
7. The bottom line is that President Trump was elected on a mandate to bash the dollar lower, and it is getting beat on like a rag doll by the yen right now.
8. The bear flag-like action occurred as the dollar approached this support zone. That is ominous for the dollar bugs, and fabulous news for gold.
9. Investors donít need to ďback up the truckĒ when buying precious metal assets right now, but they should be emotionally positive and focused more on gold stocks than bullion.
10. Thatís because there is so much news taking place fundamentally in the gold market that favours the miners. Inflation is rising, mainly because quantitative tightening is pushing money out of government bonds and into the banking system.
11. Thatís raising interest rates, incentivizing banks to lend, and putting pressure on the US governmentís ability to finance itself. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Since breaking the neckline of a daily chart head and shoulders top pattern, the US T-bond hasnít even staged a minor rally!
12. Another of Trumpís election pledges was that US bond market creditors were going to take a haircut on what they get paid. Looking at the price action in the bond market and statements from new Fed chair Powell, it appears that a haircut is on the cusp of really happening.
13. Trump is acting like he doesnít care if the US government defaults, and I would suggest thatís the right course of action to take. Inflate, default, or die. It looks like a combination of inflation and ďdefaultationĒ is what Trump has planned to end the US governmentís horrific levels of excess size, debt, and abuse of citizens around the world.
14. The rising risk of a joint bond and dollar market meltdown is why gold has acted like a champ while quantitative tightening and rate hikes accelerate.
15. While QT and rate hikes are the main gold fear trade theme, there are many other supporting factors.
16. For example, powerful money managers are beginning to voice concerns that Trumpís spending on infrastructure and his tax cuts could cause ďoverheatingĒ in the US economy.
17. When institutions get into that mindset they buyÖ gold stocks!
18. On that key note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX chart. There may be a classic non-confirmation signal in play for the entire precious metals sector, with most gold stocks breaking their December lows, while gold bullion did not.
19. The GDX break of its December low was immediately followed by a V-Bottom pattern. Note the position of my key 14,7,7 Stochastics series oscillator. Itís adding to the power of the buy signal in play.
20. Please click here now. Thatís another look at GDX, with an emphasis on the trading volume.
21. Both Powell and Trump seem more interested in the success of Main Street than in Wall Street or the government bond market. Iíve predicted that Powell will attempt to reverse US money velocity by the summer of this year, and that he will succeed.
22. That change in focus is great news for citizens who have been encased in vile government red tape for far too long, and it is spectacular news for gold, silver, and mining stocks.
23. With the dollar, T-bond, and the general stock market on very shaky and inflationary ground, institutional money managers have started to take a serious look at gold stocks. By the summer, I expect them to be consistent buyers every month. It doesnít take a lot of institutional money to blast gold stocks to significantly higher price levels.
24. To profit from the imminent inflationary fun, aggressive investors should buy GDX call options. Investors who donít own gold stock at these price levels or lower should be firmly pressing the buy button today!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?
| Digg This Article
-- Published: Tuesday, 13 February 2018 | E-Mail | Print | Source: GoldSeek.com