-- Published: Tuesday, 20 March 2018 | Print | Disqus
Source: Jack Chan for Streetwise Reports 03/19/2018
Technical analyst Jack Chan charts recent movements in the gold and silver markets. -->
Our proprietary cycle indicator is down.
The gold sector is on a long-term buy signal. Long-term signals can last for months and years and are more suitable for investors holding for long term.
The gold sector is on a short-term buy signal. Short-term signals can last for days and weeks, and are more suitable for traders.
Speculation is in bull market values.
This is a massive bottoming pattern four years in the making.
ABX, a major component in GDX, has marked a bottom on a very high volume day early this month.
Silver is on a long-term buy signal.
SLV is on a short-term buy signal, and short-term signals can last for days to weeks, more suitable for traders.
Data supports overall higher prices.
The precious metals sector is on a long-term buy signal. Short term is on mixed signals. A pullback is in progress. The cycle is down. COT data is supportive for overall higher metal prices. We are holding gold-related ETFs for long-term gain.
Jack Chan is the editor of simply profits at www.simplyprofits.org, established in 2006. Chan bought his first mining stock, Hoko Exploration, in 1979, and has been active in the markets for the past 37 years. Technical analysis has helped him filter out the noise and focus on the when, and leave the why to the fundamental analysts. His proprietary trading models have enabled him to identify the NASDAQ top in 2000, the new gold bull market in 2001, the stock market top in 2007, and the U.S. dollar bottom in 2011.
1) Jack Chan: I, or members of my immediate household or family, own shares of the following companies mentioned in this article: None. I personally am, or members of my immediate household or family are, paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None. My company has a financial relationship with the following companies mentioned in this article: None. I determined which companies would be included in this article based on my research and understanding of the sector.
2) Jack Chan: We do not offer predictions or forecasts for the markets. What you see here is our simple trading model, which provides us the signals and set-ups to be either long, short, or in cash at any given time. Entry points and stops are provided in real time to subscribers, therefore, this update may not reflect our current positions in the markets. Trade at your own discretion. We also provide coverage to the major indexes and oil sector.
3) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: None. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
4) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Streetwise Reports for this article. Streetwise Reports was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this article. Streetwise Reports requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Streetwise Reports relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Streetwise Reports has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
Charts courtesy of Jack Chan
| Digg This Article
-- Published: Tuesday, 20 March 2018 | E-Mail | Print | Source: GoldSeek.com