-- Published: Tuesday, 14 August 2018 | Print | Disqus
Jim Rogers, legendary investor and “Adventure Capitalist” speaks with Mark O’Byrne, GoldCore’s Director of Research, in the Goldnomics Podcast (Episode 7).
Are the actions of the US administration making China great again? What currency is going to challenge the US dollar as the global reserve? What can we do to protect ourselves against the next financial crash?
– Blockchain “has a spectacular future”
– “Blockchain is going to change everything” and “a lot of people are going to lose their jobs”
– “I don’t suspect cryptocurrencies are going to survive”
– Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will be suppressed by governments
– Crypto currency guys are smarter than “every governments you can think of” but the “governments have the guns”
– Governments favour government digital currency and “love the fact that it gives them total control”
– Everybody should have a “Plan B” in the 21st Century and be willing to move country, residence and diversify investments internationally
– Gold and silver “are going to be huge bubbles” and favors silver as is “more depressed”
– Switzerland, Austria and Singapore are his bullion storage locations of choice
– “Everybody should own some gold and silver”
Skip directly to one of the following discussion points on YouTube
01:00 – Meet Jim Rogers: Best-selling author, traveler, finance expert and investment guru.
03:30 – Looking at the facts and potential, is the 21st century truly an Asian century?
05:00 – Are Trump’s policies right for the American economy?
06:10 – Increasing global debt and the potential for stagflation, depression and trade conflicts around the world.
08:10 – Unreported off balance sheet debt and other liabilities, and the most recent Institute for International Finance global debt report – should we be worried?
10:05 – It’s global debt, we all owe it to each other. Should we be concerned?
11:10 – Are central banks powerful enough to keep debts at manageable levels?
11:52 – Can we trust the dollar as a store of value down the road?
13:06 – Brexit and other eurozone conflicts: Is the euro safe?
14:11 – Is the Euro properly structured and sound enough to survive the EU conflicts?
15:00 – The Chinese renminbi looks set to take over as the next best international reserve currency.
17:53 – The future of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
19:01 – Bitcoin and most other cryptocurrencies may not survive into the future because government have the guns and government don’t like losing control.
20:10 – Future digital currencies is going to most likely be government money.
22:22 – Gold and silver “are going to be huge bubbles” and favors silver as is “more depressed”
25:50 – Picking the best location to store or own your gold.
26:23 – What do precious metals owners know that other investors don’t know?
29:01 – Learn Mandarin as a first, second or third language and know about the world.
30:28 – Everybody needs to have a Plan B just in case.
Make sure you don’t miss a single episode… Subscribe to Goldnomics Podcasts on iTunes or on YouTube
Gold and Silver Bullion – News and Commentary
Gold stabilises as dollar pulls back from 13-month high (Reuters.com)
Nikkei leads Asian-market rebound following Turkish currency jitters (Marketwatch.com)
Investors Ask `Why Do I Need Gold?’ Amid Rate Hikes, Stock Rally (Bloomberg.com)
Turkish lira pulls back from record low, markets rattled (Reuters.com)
Turkey’s Collapse Sinks Emerging Markets on ‘Manic Monday’ (Bloomberg.com)
Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Keeps Faith in Gold Despite Its Slide (Bloomberg.com)