1. The magnificent gold price rally has paused in the $1300 area for the past few weeks. Monday was COMEX option expiry day.
2. With that now out of the way, gold is already staging more upside action!
3. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily gold chart. A bullish upside channel breakout is in play and the consolidation was a flag-like pattern.
4. Also, note my key 14,7,7 series Stochastics oscillator at the bottom of the chart. A buy signal that occurs in the 40-60 area is a momentum-oriented signal, as opposed to a value-oriented signal that occurs in the 0-20 area.
5. These are technical signs of a tremendously healthy market.
6. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this spectacular long term gold chart.
7. The technical excellence being showcased on the daily gold chart is typical during rallies from the final right shoulder low in this type of enormous inverse H&S bull continuation pattern.
8. Iíve been almost alone amongst gold analysts in suggesting that the brief five-year decline from 2011-2016 was a typical ďho humĒ correction in a bull market rather than a ďvicious bear marketĒ.
9. Thereís no question that junior gold stocks experienced a bear market then, but they have experienced a myriad of bear markets since the gold bullion bull market began in 1999-2002.
10. Gold bullion bull and bear cycles last a long time. Twenty years is a short period of time for a gold bull or bear market, and many last a century or longer.
11. Iíve predicted that this bull market will last a minimum of a hundred years, and more likely two hundred, and I stand by that prediction without wavering.
12. Most of the world has been in a deflationary cycle since 1980. Thatís when global bond yields peaked. Gold stocks tend to crash repeatedly in a deflationary cycle along with stock markets.
13. In an inflationary cycle, gold stocks rally when stock markets rallyÖ and they rally when stock markets fall. In August of 2018 I told investors to get ready for a sea change event; I predicted global stocks would crash in September-October, and gold stocks would surge higher as the stock markets crashed.
14. Thatís exactly what happened then, and Iíll calmly predict that itís going to keep happening for the next decade of time.
15. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Silver bullionís daily chart looks fabulous.
16. Thereís a double bottom pattern in play with a solid breakout. Note how the pullback stopped well above the $15 support zone. Thatís another sign of a very healthy precious metals market.
17. Key bank analysts are tuning into the solid fundamentals picture for silver. ďSupply growth has started to slow, more than for any other precious metal.Ē Ė John LaForge, Wells Fargo Bank, Jan 28, 2019.
18. Unlike America, China has tremendous ďwiggle roomĒ to stimulate its economy. GDP growth can likely be sustained at 4%-6% for many years, while itís likely to be sub 2% in America for a long time. That bodes well for industrial silver demand, and Bloomberg analysts predict that demand will rise by 50% over the next 4-5 years!
19. India is in an even stronger position than China, and vastly stronger than America. GDP growth is almost 8% now. It could rise above 10% and it probably needs to, to provide jobs for all the young citizens entering the workforce every day.
20. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this silver stocks ETF chart. SIL is lagging GDX right now, and thatís technically positive; silver tends to lead as intermediate trends end, and lag as they begin and accelerate.
21. Goldmanís analysts feel the global GDP and earnings decline in play now will hurt silver demand, but I think they are underestimating the ability of the Chinese government to stimulate.
22. They are also underestimating the anger of American blue-collar workers who were essentially deflated (and arguably conned) by the central bank with its QE program. QE benefitted the banks, the stock market, and government.
23. Blue-collar Americans wanted tax cuts. Corporations got a tax cut and the workers got nothing. Now they want their own version of QE handouts, in the form of wage hikes. Those hikes are going to happen as America enters a long period of GDP and corporate earnings stagnation. Thatís phenomenal news for silver stock and bullion investors!
24. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX daily chart. Volume is positive, and the month-long consolidation appears to be ending. A gold-positive statement from the Fed tomorrow should move GDX like a shooting star towards my next $23 target price!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.