-- Published: Tuesday, 28 January 2020 | Print | Disqus
Stewart Thomson, Graceland Updates
1. The question most gold bugs are probably asking themselves right now is this: How high must gold bullion go before the gold stock ETFs stage their own key breakouts and rally alongside gold?
2. The answer, quite simply, is: Higher than the price is today. Disappointment and surprise are part of investing.
3. So is diversification, and at the 2008 lows I was emphatic that the US stock market had to be bought. Now, I recommend investors lighten up, but donít go 100% to the sidelines.
4. Stocks, bonds, real estate, and gold are assets. They are not casino chips. Buy them modestly on price weakness and sell them modestly into price strength. Itís really that simple.
5. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold looks fabulous. It closed above the September highs yesterday and thatís significant.
6. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this weekly chart. The big picture for gold, both technically and fundamentally, is superb.
7. The Coronavirus is a serious matter, but itís simply the newest of many positive drivers for gold. Government debt is the big one. Demographics in the West (and in China) is also a concern.
8. Every month, more big-name money managers are buying gold as a respected asset, and rightly so!
9. Itís important for young investors to stay away from people who have a negative view of gold. Keep a positive attitude and everything will be fine.
10. Please click here now. Indiaís budget announcement is just days away and the gold industry is again pushing the government to cut its draconian import tax.
11. Iím adamant that the tax is the main cause of the decline in GDP growth, from almost 10% to under 5%. Thatís because the tax kills the spirit of Indian citizens. Once an entrepreneurís spirit breaks, productivity inevitably declines.
12. Prime Minister Modi is under substantial pressure to reverse the economic decline, so heís likely to be more open to reducing the duty than in previous years. Western gold bugs should cheer for a duty cut, but donít count that egg until it hatches.
13. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX weekly chart. Thereís an ascending triangle in play with a nice $50 price target.
14. Itís important the investors change with the times. What happened in the past is not what is happening now. For example, during the run to the 2011 highs, I was adamant that investors should focus on bullion more than the miners.
15. Now the main focus should be on the miners.
16. From the early 2016 lows in the $12 area, GDX has outperformed gold bullion. While bullion is up about 60% from those lows, GDX is up about 140%.
17. For now, itís a stock pickerís market. Unknown miners are soaring while a lot of the ďgood Ďole boysĒ (the main holdings of ETFs) are struggling.
18. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. This is another look at the GDX weekly chart. A massive bull flag on the GDX weekly chart is in play.
19. Some patience is required, because weekly chart patterns take time to develop and activate.
20. Conspiracy buffs may worry that the ďDeep StateĒ (Creep State?) doesnít want to see gold stocks shooting higher if the US stock market falls. In this scenario, the Creep State wants the government and central banks to be the sole ďeconomic savioursĒ for the people. Not gold, and certainly not mining stocks.
21. Thatís possible, but I think failed investors are also trying to get rid of gold stocks they bought years ago, and thatís helping create the GDX flag pattern. These investors are ďweak handsĒ, but not as weak as the investors who sold out into the 2016 area lows.
22. I believe this weak hand selling is almost done, and the flag pattern supports my prediction.
23. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GOAU chart. I like the ďKISSĒ principle; keep it simple, superstar! For GOAU, buying in the $15 area or on a breakout over $18 is probably the best strategy an enthusiastic investor can employ right now.
24. A pullback to $15 offers value, and a breakout over $18 offers excitement! Another tool that investors can use, quite frankly, is fine wine or mineral water. Savour the time as gold stocks trade sideways. Sip a drink and enjoy the GDX bull flag development and GOAU range trade actionÖ then cheer boisterously as the upside breakouts occur!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?
| Digg This Article
-- Published: Tuesday, 28 January 2020 | E-Mail | Print | Source: GoldSeek.com